DUNDALK COMMUNITY CENTER
Sanders Designs, Architects was commissioned by Baltimore County Dept. Of Public Works to renovate and restore this 45,860 sq ft facility in the heart of Dundalk , Md. Originally built in 1949 with a pool addition in 1969, this facility was restored to meet its historic significance. Now listed on the Historic Registry, Sanders Designs kept the existing facade and restored any issues to its original design. The interiors were renovated to include a new gymnasium, new locker rooms and the refurbishment of the existing pool. In addition, the Center houses the Crisis Center for Abused Women and Children and included offices, residential housing and dining facilities. An additional elevator was installed to meet the needs of search and rescue. Sanders Designs and its consultants worked with Community Leaders and the end-users to facilitate the program to meet the ever evolving needs of the community. In addition, this Building has achieved LEED Silver Certification.